The focus of my life’s work has been the Great Lakes and their islands. I created this place, karenvigmostad.com, to begin to connect my writings, research, and photography in one location. It’s a work in progress, but for now you will find:
- Interviews with elite real-estate developers and the process of development was the subject of my dissertation.
- Paris and the south of France have been where much of my photography took place.
- In 2012 year I started a journey circling the lakes with camera, pen, recorder, computer, and my dog Henry while working on a book project.
- Forthcoming this summer (2018) I will be blogging weekly at FiveBlueLakes.com and Tweeting at @FiveBlueLakes. You will also find me on Instagram and Facebook Business and Pinterest pages under FiveBlueLakes.
- Along the way I am researching, interviewing people, and writing a book on the islands of the Great Lakes. The islands have been a major part of my work, with partners in Canada and the U.S., since 1995–see GreatLakesIslands.net. So stay tuned! In the meantime, please contact me, or ask others to contact me, if they some history with or connection to a Great Lakes island and are willing to be interviewed or talk with me about their experiences.
I moved back to Ann Arbor and reorganized my life to support this work. This site is very much a work in progress, and I appreciate your interest as it evolves. Please feel free to contact me with ideas, suggestions, and questions via email. You can follow me on Twitter @KarenVigmostad and @FiveBlueLakes. I will be soon retiring @aboutthelakes and @abouttheislands
Thanks for joining me today!