The focus of my life’s work has been the Great Lakes and their islands. I created this place, karenvigmostad.com, to connect my writings, research, and photography in one location. It’s a work in progress, but for now you will soon find more on:
- Interviews with elite real-estate developers and the process of development that was the subject of my dissertation.
- Images of Paris and the south of France where much of my travel photography has taken place.
- My journey circling the lakes that started in 2012 with camera, pen, recorder, computer, and my dog Henry while working on my book.
- Forthcoming 2021 weekly blog at FiveBlueLakes.com and Tweeting at @FiveBlueLakes. You will also find me on Instagram and Facebook Business and Pinterest pages under FiveBlueLakes.
- Along the way I am researching, interviewing people, and writing a book on the islands of the Great Lakes. The islands have been a major part of my work, with partners in Canada and the U.S., since 1995–see GreatLakesIslands.net. So stay tuned!
In the meantime if you have some history with or connection to a Great Lakes island and are willing to be interviewed or talk with me about your experiences, please contact me, or ask others to contact me.
I moved back to Ann Arbor and reorganized my life to support this work. This site is very much a work in progress, and I appreciate your interest as it evolves. Please feel free to contact me with ideas, suggestions, and questions via email. You can follow me on Twitter @KarenVigmostad and @FiveBlueLakes. I will be soon retiring @aboutthelakes and @abouttheislands.
Thanks for joining me today!